As 2014 is coming to an end and I started thinking of all the things I had been putting off, I suddenly remembered our blog! It turns out our last post was exactly ONE YEAR ago. How does time fly so quickly? Before 2014 comes to an end, I had to post at least once so we could say that we have been posting every year since 2011! :-) I'll be sure to post once a year but feel free to Contact US if you have questions or comments.
Our twins are now 2 years and 4 months old and in great health. Adriana was born 1 pound heavier than Dayana and to this day continues to be a little bigger than Dayana. However, Dayana is making great progress in her own growth curve. Adriana will eat just about anything while Dayana has always been a fussy eater. It all started with her taking 2 hours to drink 2 ounce of milk when she was born. She's definitely come a long way and now has some favorite foods that she will never refuse like eggs, juice, oranges and barbecue chicken or goat (as long as it's barbeque). However, feeding Dayana anything else is always a challenge.
We went on a couple of vacations with the the entire family this year. The first was to visit my brother in Orange County, California. The twins thoroughly enjoyed being in California - the weather, the beaches and playing in the water. We also got a chance to meetup with Jason and his twins with Adrian - Clara and Olivia. Even though they were born a few months before our twins, all 4 of them were conceived around the same time. It was good to see 4 pretty little ladies hanging out together. We're definitely going to be taking them back there next year. Costa Rica was an incredible experience too.
The twin's egg donor (Eddy's niece Dayana) picked us up from the airport and her namesake, our Dayana got along great with her right away! Adriana took her time though and later when we were alone asked me "who's that girl?" I told her I will tell her in a few years :-) We met so many of Eddy's family and friends in Costa Rica which was very nice but perhaps a bit overwhelming for the girls. In a few days they were tired of partying and kept asking when they would be going back home!
The twin's egg donor (Eddy's niece Dayana) picked us up from the airport and her namesake, our Dayana got along great with her right away! Adriana took her time though and later when we were alone asked me "who's that girl?" I told her I will tell her in a few years :-) We met so many of Eddy's family and friends in Costa Rica which was very nice but perhaps a bit overwhelming for the girls. In a few days they were tired of partying and kept asking when they would be going back home!
The girls have come a long way in their ability to speak this year. They are almost completely fluent in Nepalese and also speak a bit a English and Spanish. As we get them ready for pre-school, the focus will now shift to learning English. They already know their ABC's and can count 1 to 10 in Spanish. Between their 2nd birthday in August until now, we have seen tremendous progress in their language skills.
Everyday we come home to find that they have learned a new word or sentence. And while they are now in their terrible 2's, I still prefer this to times in the past when they were unable to express how they were feeling or where it hurts. We do have to watch them constantly though as they are always on the move and getting into trouble. It's been good to take them on play dates with other kids. We've been to local beaches, parks, wineries, apple orchards, the tulip festival, fairs, on ferries and up and down the mountains. It was great to meet up with Brent and Charlie and their adorable Asha on a play date at the zoo. It was fun for us to catch up and the girls really enjoyed seeing all the animals there. We're thinking we might have to get a pass because they want to go to the zoo all the time now!
Everyday we come home to find that they have learned a new word or sentence. And while they are now in their terrible 2's, I still prefer this to times in the past when they were unable to express how they were feeling or where it hurts. We do have to watch them constantly though as they are always on the move and getting into trouble. It's been good to take them on play dates with other kids. We've been to local beaches, parks, wineries, apple orchards, the tulip festival, fairs, on ferries and up and down the mountains. It was great to meet up with Brent and Charlie and their adorable Asha on a play date at the zoo. It was fun for us to catch up and the girls really enjoyed seeing all the animals there. We're thinking we might have to get a pass because they want to go to the zoo all the time now!
Eddy and I took a trip to Japan for his birthday. Before I got the tickets, I was argueing with him saying that we've been there before, why not try someplace new? Well, we had so much fun on the trip that now I find myself wanting to go back again for my birthday! :-) The people, the culture, the technology, the lean lifestyle, the green tea, coffee, food and especially the people made it such an amazing experience. This was our first trip without the girls and we really missed them. So glad we all have FaceTime so we were able to talk to them everyday. It's been so good to have my parents around. Mom and Dad are always willing to come over to our home and help babysit, whenever we need a break.
We're enjoying the holidays and spending quality time with the family. The girls received over 30 gifts, none of which were from us! :-) I keep telling folks not to give them anymore gifts but people think I'm just being nice. Speaking of gifts, we didn't give each other any gifts either. We already had the best of all gifts around our christmas tree - our happy family all wrapped up in each other. Wishing you all much love, happiness and success in 2015!





You have a beautiful family. I have read your blog many times, I cannot even count as it is very comforting to read about your beautiful journey as me and my husband are going through surrogacy with twins with sci almost 28 weeks.
ReplyDeleteOne question: we still apply for us birth certificate as you mentioned in your earlier blog from last year. I am interested in knowing that how to apply for that.
Thanks
Happy holidays
Gurvi
Thnx Gurvi! The answer depends on where your citizenship is from and what state in the US you live in? Shoot me an email with those answers and I can provide further information. Glad you found our blog comforting. That definitely motivates us to keep writing. aaronandeddy @ gmail dot com
DeleteI have send an email from yahoo account gurvinderwason@yahoo.com.
DeleteWith some details.
Thanks
Gurvi